EH101 Heliliner PP8 G-IOIO/ZJ116 arrived at The Museum on 23rd August 2022 from Hendon where it had been displayed at the RAF Museum. The Heliliner is the civilian version of the EH101, and was designed for commuter and offshore operations capable of carrying 30 passengers and baggage in airline comfort. It first flew at Yeovil in 1990 and joins EH101 prototype PP3 already here at the Helicopter Museum.
Bristol Belvedere XG454 arrived at The Museum on 21st January 2022 from Manchester. Built in Weston-super-Mare in 1960, it was the 7th pre-production airframe and had an unfortunate career crashing and being rebuilt twice. Only 3 Belvederes remain of which XG452 and XG454 are now in The Museum.
Piasecki H-21 'Flying Banana' FR41 arrived on 1st February 2016 from Centre d’Etudes et de Loisirs Aerospatiaux in Grenoble, France. Built in the USA in 1956, it had served in the French Army in the Algeria. It was transported in two - front and back sections. Refurbishment started in April 2019.
A single-seat kit-built Barnett J4B gyroplane, G-BWCW, PFA c/n G/14-1256, donated by Mike and Nick Smart, was delivered to The Museum, from Farley Farm Airstrip, in Hampshire, by John Phillips on 28th October 2015. Original blades were included but no engine was installed. Refurbished from January 2016 and now on display.
An unmanned, remotely-controlled, Gyrodyne QH-50D surveillance & anti-submarine drone helicopter, DS-1482, used by the United States Navy in the 1960s, was delivered to The Museum on 2nd October 2014 following shipment from California.
Cricket single-seat gyrocopter, G-BYMP, with P.F.A. serial G/03-1265, donated with G-AXRA, (below) was brought to The Museum on 16th January 2014. Kit-built by James Fitzgerald, in Northern Ireland, in 1999 and acquired by the donor in 2011.
A single-seat Campbell Cricket gyrocopter, G-AXRA, was donated and brought to The Museum on 4th October 2013. Built in 1970 it was originally owned by an American academic living in Essex and was de-registered in 1990. Placed on public display from September 2016.
The single-seat 'Wombat' prototype gyrocopter, G-WBAT, built and developed in Cornwall by the late Chris Julian, between 1991 and 1997, was delivered on 9th July 2013. It was donated to The Museum by Mark Harrisson.
Three scale models of the unique Fairey Rotodyne compound helicopter, from the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, were put on display at The Museum on 6th December 2012. They represent the early 1952 proposal, the final "Z" version of 1960 and the prototype as built and flown between 1957 and 1961.
An Agusta-Bell AB-206C, MM80927, c/n 9151, JetRanger, CC-49, previously operated by the Italian Carabinieri, was delivered to The Museum on 1st May 2012 and immediately placed on public display.
A Ferranti Seaspray Mk1 surveillance and tracking radar system, as used in the Royal Navy's Lynx HAS.2 and donated by SELEX Galileo, the inheritors of the Ferranti operation in Edinburgh, arrived at The Museum on 14th December 2011.
Fairey Ultra-Light, G-AOUJ / XJ928, returned to The Museum on 3rd November 2010 after 15 years with the Cotswold Aviation Restoration Group, in Gloucestershire. It has now been restored by volunteers at The Helicopter Museum,
AgustaWestland A109A MkII, MM81205, GdiF-128, used by the Italian Guardia di Finanza, (Financial Police), was delivered to The Museum on 6th October 2010.
Russian-buil multi-purpose, twin-turbine, passenger transport helicopter Mil Mi-8P, Serial 618, built in 1972 for the Polish Air Force, arrived at The Museum on 5th February 2010.
Landing gear components from the giant Boeing Vertol XCH-62 Heavy Lift Helicopter (HLH), scrapped in 2005, 30 years after cancellation of the project, arrived in 2008.
McCulloch J-2 autogyro, G-ORVB, was received at The Museum on December 21st 2008. Designed by D.K.Jovanovich, it was built in 1971 with a 3-bladed rotor, a wooden pusher propeller and a Lycoming 180 hp, 0-360, engine.
Built in the UK, from a design by Igor Bensen, this B-8M gyrocopter, G-BIGP, was brought to The Museum on 10th May 2008. Powered by a 4-cylinder, 2-stroke McCulloch engine, it was first registered in 1980.
Belgian Sud Aviation Alouette II, SA 318C, A41, built in France in 1967, is powered by a Turbomeca Aztazou 11A turboshaft engine. It was received from the Brussels Military Museum on 19th February 2008, in exchange for Bristol 171 Sycamore Mk.14, XG547.
Air & Space 18A gyroplane, G-BVWL, a tandem two-seat autogyro, was
built in 1966, in Muncie, Indiana, to a design inspired by Raymond
It was delivered to The Museum on 21st November 2007.
Bristol Sycamore HR.14, XL829, built in Weston-super-Mare in 1957 was one of the last to be retired from the RAF, in 1971, after service in the Middle East and the UK. It arrived at The Museum on 17th October 2007.
MBB/Bolkow Bo-105M, 81+00, a German army liaison helicopter, was built in 1984 and served in the Heeresflieger until 2002. It arrived at the Museum on 4th May 2007.
Husband Modac 500 Hornet Gyroplane. Built as a private venture, between 1997-2003, this light autogyro was never fully developed. It was received by the Museum in November 2004.
Westland Wessex, HAS.3, XM328, built in 1959 for anti-submarine duties, arrived on 12th May 2004. Extensively restored by THM volunteers it went on public display in 2016.
Westland Wessex HU.5 XS486, an ex-Royal Navy assault/training helicopter, was delivered in March 2004.
Brantly B.2B Helicopter, G-ATFG, a reconstruction using parts from two other Brantlys, arrived on 21st January 2004.
Bensen B-8B Gyro-Boat. This un-powered flying dinghy, for towing behind a motorboat, arrived on 19th October 2003.
SA365N Dauphin 2, F-WQAP, former fly-by-wire trials helicopter, arrived on 2nd March 2003.
Robinson R22HP Helicopter, G-OTED, arrived on 28th February 2002.
Westland Wessex Helicopter, XV733, formerly of The Queen's Flight, arrived on 15th November 2001.
Westland Lynx 3, ZE477, was planned as a ground attack helicopter and first flew in June 1984. This sole example was donated to The Museum in June 1989.